Tuesday

Being used the "KATAKANA" (a kind of Japanese character) as writing an American's name.

Whenever you (probably American) write a sentence in English,
you are going to use only the alphabet.
However, when we (Japanese) write a sentence in Japanese,
we use each four kinds of a different character (symbol).
These are :
①HIRAGANA(【ひらがな】)
②KATAKANA(【カタカナ】)
③ROMAJI(【ROMAJI】)
④KANJI(【漢字】)

It has been decided how to use roughly respectively.
Because it is too difficult for me to describe how to use
each character on this Blog, I will skip that.

When we (Japanese) convert an American name "Jacob"
into the quite common Japanese from among four characters (symbols),
it is going to be showed to 【ジェイコブ】.
To tell the truth, we use the KATAKANA (character).

For we write an American name in Japanese,
we all almost use KATAKANA, like this.

I have shown an American name the KANJI (characters)
on this blog or my website-linked.
As a meaning, it is a different substitute character.

Therefore, even the Japanese cannot often read it immediately.

For example, when a person (Japanese) try to read "Jacob"【侍絵伊鼓舞】, on the moment of thought, he (or she) said,
"Ah, I understand. I can read (pronounce) Ji-E-I-Kobu".

If you find your KANJI NAME on this blog or my website-linked,
you may as well use it as Art or Illustration, I think..

The KANJI is a character with mysterious atmosphere of the Orient for you, too.


侍絵伊鼓舞 'Jacob'